Saturday, February 20, 2010

Assignment 4 - #1 "Twitter Could Become the Unemployed's Best Friend"

Creative Commons License
Mario Sun Conure Parrot by Kathie Norfleet is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.


Today I went to Twitter.com and signed into my account and then searched for the TwitJobSearch site that was created by WorkDigital, to look for a part-time job.  It is a site that searches Twitter for jobs. It scans Twitter for keywords in the Twitter lists.

JobDeck and TweetDeck are tools that I can use.  JobDeck offers tweets from human resources professionals and gives me a place to set up job searches that I can return to again and again, if necessary.  Because it has teamed up with LinkedIn I can also get jobs out there from LinkedIn all while using Twitter.

The technology dude who put this together is surprised by the people using it - but heck - it is a " "cheaper, faster and easier" way to recruit" ", Mr. Fischer said. (He's the technology dude I referred to above who is the co-founder of WorkDigital.)

"TweetDeck is a desktop Twitter Application."  TweetDeck is a browser you can use to keep connected to others across Facebook, Twitter and more.

I have selected to follow all of these in hope they will help me to get the most out of my online media experience. I have more to blog and will do so later. My blogs will be numbered in sequence of posting under the assignment in progress.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how far we have come in ways of finding jobs, people will do anything!! But you might want to expand a little more on facebook and google buzz, I dont see them mentioned in your blog. Cute picture though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you notice that I put a Creative Commons license of my own on my photo that I took of my parrot? Please see my comment to your comment on post # 4 (I think)

    ReplyDelete